Southern Belle 101
Posted on May 25 2017
Southern Belle 101
The term ‘Country Girl’ is kind of like the term ‘Business Owner’, it’s overused and can mean a lot of different things. Pretty much any girl can call themselves a Country Girl. You like country music? You’re a Country Girl. You wore boots five years ago? You’re a Country Girl.
A Southern Belle, however, is different than a Country Girl. Southern Belle’s are a rare breed, and if you know one you better hold on tight to her.
There is something called “The “Unwritten Rules for a Southern Belle”, in reality they aren’t rules to us(Southern Belle’s). They are actions and thoughts that just come natural to us.
So, in the spirit of the South, I have made a gift for all Belle’s! The Southern Belle101. It describes who we are and what we live by. It gives boys a chance to learn how to impress us. And it gives facts about, not just us, but The South in general! So, let’s teach everybody else what the meaning of life is, shall we?
Down South Facts
- Jesus Lovin’ and a lil Stubborn
- Pearls with blue jeans is classy
- The higher the hair the closer to Jesus
- We are gunna make a pot of coffee when you come over.
- Big Brothers are bodyguards
- Even if we’ve never met you, we’re still gonna hug your neck
- Sunday’s Schedule: Church-Lunch-Football/Nap
- Mama is our best friend and daddy’s tough
- Booms Farm is Classy
- Don’t let mawmaw catch you outside without any sunblock on
- Get up and let your elders sit down
- We know our family history and we are proud to share it
- Flip Flops are worn year round
- If you can eat it, you can fry it
- Nothin’ is sweeter than a Southern Belle Cheerleader
- 75% of the time are spent barefoot
- EVERYTHING taste better with Tony’s
- We’re all Hard Headed and Hott Blooded
- If it’s “about to get ugly”, you better simmer down or run
- No one runs with scissors if mama’s around
- SLOW. COOKER.
- There are two types of boots; work boots and boot scootin boots
- White trash, hillbilly, redneck, country, trailer trash: ALL DIFFERENT
- A Chicken Express Cup looks cooler than a Starbucks Cup
- The love of money doesn’t exist
- Even if we don’t have room “Yall come stay at the house!”
- We know “Sweet Home Alabama” just like we know the Lord’s Prayer
- There are like 5 different kinds of coke
- Waiting for the Rodeo is like a kid waitin’ for Santa
- There ain't one person who can make gumbo like mawmaw can
- Cathead biscuits with tomato gravy is the best thing on earth
- “Have you seen the new Camaro Dodge?
- We Pray for Rain
- Seriously, Country Music is our way of life
- The Stockyards is everyone’s backyard
- Sunshine really DOES waRsh our blues away!
- Everyone tells the same story at least twice
- George Strait > Luke Bryan
Let me tell you about a
39. We mind our manners… and business
40. We check on mawmaw and pawpaw regularly
50. A big bow and a smile is the best fashion statement
51. “Bless your heart” is our way of cussin’ you out
52. Big City Dream Ranch House
53. We’re only weak when our nails are dryin’
54. We always put our face on before we leave the house
55. The only thing we will suck the head of is crawfish
56. Our accents are as thick as the air
57. It’s not the Notebook. It’s Steel Magnolias.
58. We would never start a fight, but we’ll sure as heck finish one!
59. We wear because we are hunting, not to look cute
60. Our secret is we always act helpless and confused; never tell them how capable we really are
61. Hell hath no fury like a Southern Belle scorned
62. Our Southern Drawl gives us what we want
63. You’ll say our laugh is sexy as sin and full of promise
64. We know how to get and keep our men
65. All of us are crowned Miss. ‘Somethin’
66. Stilettos or boots? - We can do either
67. Our purses are Concealed Handgun Ready
68. We know of plenty of back roads if you wanna go off roadin’
69. Mud looks good on pink
70. We keep koozies in our purse.. Cuz, well, you just never know
71. It’s not cute; It’s SO STINKIN’ Cute!
72. We don’t sweat, we glisten… sometimes a lot
73. The skill of getting the messy bun is mastered
74. Our daddy’s don’t like tattoos
75. Even though we tend to have a few
76. If Daddy doesn’t buy it for us our Pawpaw will
77. We don’t have patience for City Girl, but we’ll never tell them that… Bless their Hearts
78. We play tough
79. There is no Charm like a Southern Charm
Now let’s help the poor
80. Gentlemen will NEVER go outta style
81. If you don’t starch your jeans, don’t talk to us
82. Deer mounts are impressive, not rolexes
83. We’re going fishing with you
84. And no, we don’t need you to bait our hook
85. WE LIKE BIG TRUCKS AND WE CANNOT LIE!!
86. Daddy won’t give us up to you if you can’t even bait a hook
87. How many pair of boots do you have?
89. You better have a hitch on your truck
90. Brownie Points For Tickets To: Cody Johnson, Josh Abbott, Cross Canadian Ragweed, Aaron Watson, Bart Crow
91. And; Pat Green, Casey Donahew, Chris Knight, Kevin Fowler, Kyle Park and Randy Rodgers
92. If you can’t gut it or skin it my daddy already doesn’t like you
93. We don’t want your class ring, we want your favorite baseball hat
94. We judge you by the way you treat your Mama.
95. You better take your hat off every time you Pray, which should be everyday
96. Cowboy Up or just get back in the truck
Just a few last things:
97. Laissez Les Bon Temps Roule!
98. Sit up straight
99. Shut the door cuz you’re gonna let all the bugs in
100. It’s just 5 minutes up the road
Last, but not least:
We are ALL
Loud, Proud and Country
By the Grace of God!